Analysis of Performance Student Guide
Use this guide as a template for your own AOP presentation. The work you complete may cover more slides. If you follow this template and complete each section in the guide you will have the oppurtunity to gain full marks.
Perfect Model: You can use the links on this presentation to find the video of your perfect model. If you cannot find what you are looking for here the BBC Sports Academy is a very useful website for this section. Follow the link on the right of the screen.
Section 2.2: Analysis of performance
Section 2.2: Analysis of performance requires all students to undertake an analysis of performance, which is
made up of five separate components:
• 2.2.1: Rules, regulations and terminology
• 2.2.2: Observe and analyse performance
• 2.2.3: Evaluate performance
• 2.2.4: Plan strategies, tactics and practices
• 2.2.5: Plan a Personal Exercise Programme (PEP).
The analysis of performance must be based on one of the physical activities undertaken in the role of player/participant in Section 2.1: Practical performance.
• The analysis of performance cannot be based on the roles of official or leader.
• Component 2.2.5 (the Personal Exercise Programme) can be based on a different physical activity to the other sections of the analysis of performance, but must be based on an activity undertaken in the role of player/participant in Section 2.1: Practical performance.
Students must be able to:
• show their knowledge and understanding of the rules, regulations and terminology of a selected physical activity
• observe and analyse performance in physical activity
• evaluate performance in physical activity and recognise strengths and areas for improvement
• plan strategies, tactics and practices to improve skills and performance
• plan a Personal Exercise Programme to improve their fitness and performance.
Section 1: Rules, regulations and terminology
3 Where students present work in a written format it may show weaknesses in grammar, spelling and