All page numbers refer to Edexel GCSE Physical Education Student Book, Tony Scott, 2009
Topic 1.1.1 Page 10 to 18
- The three categories of a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Benefits of taking part in physical activity.
- Reasons for taking part in physical activity.
- Influences on taking part
- Opportunities for getting involved in sport
Topic 1.1.3 Page 30 - 42
- Health, Exercise, Fitness and Performance
- The five components of health related exercise
- The six components of skill related fitness
Topic 1.1.4 Page 44 - 78
- Asessing your fitness levels
- The principles of training
- Goal Setting
- Methods of training
- The exercise session
- Comparing and analysing training sessions
Topic 1.1.5 Page 80 - 90
Topic 1.2.1 Page 94 - 112
- The link between exercise, diet, work and exercise
- Dietary intake and performance
- Different body types
- Optimum weight
- Weight related conditions
- Performance enhancing drugs
- Risk assessment and preventing injuries
- A healthy active lifestyle and your cardiovascular system
- A healthy active lifestyle and your respiratory system
- A healthy active lifestyle and your muscular system
- A healthy active lifestyle and your skeletal system
All students in year 11 will also complete a second written mock covering the entire scheme of work between March and May of year 11.
Past papers and mark schemes are available from the Beaumont School Website. PePods are also available to download from the year 11 area of the VLE. Topics can be downloaded individually.